Sunday, November 12, 2006

Jacob


Jacob is my son. He's 10. When Paula talked to her mother about our considering of having more children her mother said "Stop!" She said couples try many times over sometimes to get one like our Jacob. She said we hit the jackpot on the first try. She adores him. She's right that he's wonderful. He's made of our love. We wanted him. But why did Paula's mother think that we couldn't do it again. Make another amazing child. Our loving each other has grown and we've still got good organs. I don't think Paula's mom gets the love part of the equation. She probably feels it's all just a big crapshoot. After all I'm sure she believes she got one bad seed, one emotional cripple and one stone cold killer on her three tries.


I'm sure she believes it was just her bad luck. Her dead poor bad luck. And also that it's because of the father. Men. I think Paula's mom was incapable of staying inside the love, to make happy children who become happy adults. I hope we can stay with the program. The love program. Staying inside the love.

Guess what Jacob is doing in these drawings. Did you guess playing playstation? He is.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I think she suffers from what they call the "scarcity principle".
I suffer from the Homer Simpson principle i.e. I feel there's only a fixed capacity for data in my brain, so when new info enters some old stuff has to be erased.

Unknown said...

http://www.personal-development.com/articles/scarcityprinciple.htm

Larry Eisenstein said...

So you must be the guy that inspired Eraserhead.