Tuesday, January 13, 2009

love understands

My eldest son Eli is in northern Israel where he's volunteered to help out in the rear as the war with with Hamas widens. I hope he'll be safe. Eli's mother, my ex-wife, doesn't understand him and rejects his decision to participate in the operation.

He was just at the end of a vacation/tour when the war broke out. He decided to stay. A couple of months ago he met a young Israeli woman traveling here in Toronto. She had just finished her mandatory service in the Israeli Army. I think they're in love. Eli and Nofair are going to rendezvous in Israel in February. The ongoing conflict will be the backdrop. I guess there's a very romantic story there. I'm worried for him, but it's his time to be a young man in the world now.

2 comments:

Paula Eisenstein said...

So beautiful. Who are those strange characters in the foreground?

Anonymous said...

hey dad, its nice to know that you're thinking about me. i'm fine, there really is no threat here, and i'm going to be joining a kibbutz instead of the army volunteer, at least for now. keep positive, make things great at home. love you (and yes, you're right, nofar too).