Monday, August 04, 2008

finished at the art institute of toronto

My tenure as an instructor at the Art Institute of Toronto is over. They've closed the doors of the Graphic Design department and the rest of the school is soon to follow. I've had some wonderful students during the 4 and a half years there. So many really great young men and women. I wish I had done drawings of them all. I really do.

I learned a lot about teaching and I'd like to continue to teach, but with less classes, and focused more on drawing and creativity. I like web design and graphic design but I don't love them. I want to draw as much as possible for the rest of my life.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW closing??? on the one hand, maybe those of us who are already trained may get more work with less competition... but NO, this is just sad.

on the other hand, you will just draw forever no matter what. you just can't help it

Anonymous said...

Oh my god. These are so life-like, it's kinda eerie. In a lovely way. You'll always be a teacher, regardless if it's in your job description.

Anonymous said...

"You'll always be a teacher, regardless if it's in your job description."

seconded.